Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Almost There!

Well folks, today is my birthday! The big 29! This will be the last year of my twenties! I'm very excited both to still be in my twenties and to be nearing my thirties, which I think will be good to me. However, I've been thinking about making a 30 before 30 list for some time now, and it seems like if I don't do it now I won't have time to do anything on the list! So, here is a list of 30 things I hope to do before I turn 30 in exactly 365 days. 



1. Get at least one set of papers graded by the next class period. 
2. Turn midterm grades in with everything graded and early for at least one class. 
3. Finish the Phi Theta Kappa Honors in Action Project. 
4. Read 20 books that I want to read. 
5. Read 5 non-fiction books. 
6. Organize the files on my home computer, work computer, jump drive, and Dropbox so I don't have to look in all the places to find what I need. 
7. Go to Disney World!
8. Redecorate my living room, bedroom, and/or bathroom. 
9. Get a full time job with benefits or get into a PhD program. 
10. Take guitar or piano lessons. 
11. Get my piano professionally tuned. 
12. Have my whole house clean (closets, attic, and all) all at one time, even if only for a moment. 
13. Teach my puppy a trick. 
14. Get new glasses. 
15. Read a book to Jill. 
16. Go to the Catching Fire midnight premiere in full costume. 
17. Finish a cross-stitch project. 
18. Finish making a sweater. 
19. Make a Disney movie night/Disney trip scrapbook. 
20. Volunteer for a good cause. 
21. Make a perfect lasagna from scratch. 
22. Make a piece of artwork I'm proud of to hang in my house. 
23. Regulate my blood pressure. 
24. Complete a Coursera course. 
25. Go to a cooking class
26. Pay off a credit card or some other form of debt. 
27. Take my car in for regular oil changes. 
28. Have a garage sale. 
29. Write letters to loved ones. 
30. Develop my relationship with God. 

Well, I don't know if all of these are feasible, but I'll keep you updated!

Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment