Sunday, February 12, 2012

Thinking Too Much

So I know I've gotten off to a poor start with this blog. I think I've only posted on time twice, but that's who I am in a nut shell I suppose.

The real problem is that I feel like a fake. I read a lot of different blogs and the blogs I read seem to have one of two things happening:

1.) The person writing the blog has a seemingly perfect life.
2.) The person does not have a perfect life, but is incredibly clever.

Now, I am fully aware that the people who fall into category #1 do not have a perfect life, but that doesn't change the fact that every blog post makes it seem as though that person has a perfect life. Ultimately, I do not want to misrepresent myself on this blog. My life is far from perfect, so I don't want people to confuse me with that first group. (I should also clarify here that I don't think there is anything wrong with those people in group #1. In fact, one of the things I worry about is using my blog to complain about things, and I imagine most of those group #1 people are trying to avoid doing that.) I also don't feel as though I am consistently clever enough. Don't get me wrong. I have my moments. I can be downright witty sometimes. I just don't feel this occurs often enough for me to blog on a weekly basis. So, I'm still going through the stages of figuring out what I want this blog to be.

For now, I'm going to link to something that I saw on Pinterest, because it's something I've been thinking about a lot lately.

http://c4d3nz4.tumblr.com/post/17362649147/whelming-c4d3nz4-i-dont-post-things#notes

Godspeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment